Don't Throw Away Vegetable or Chicken Scraps
1. Store them in freezer bags
2. Put them in a pot and cover over with water and 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt. ( Cover about an inch over the top of the vegetables/chicken with water )
3. Put in one sprig of fresh organic oregano, a bay leaf, 1 tbl of tomato paste, and a 1/2 tsp of turmeric and black pepper.
4. While cooking for 90 min, take this extra step for great flavoring: In a skillet lightly fry in extra virgin olive oil: celery, green peppers, onions, carrots, garlic, and fresh ginger grated, then add to pot after carmelized.
5. Add extra vegetables of your choice to pot, and add more water if needed to keep a little above all in pot.
6. After 1 hour of cooking at a medium simmer, remove chicken bones, then microwave the bones for 6 minutes at 3 minute intervals, then put bones in a bowl mesh strainer and set back in stock and let simmer for the remainder 30 minutes ( this will bring out a hearty chicken flavor in soup, then you can place bones back in microwave an cook for an additional 3 minutes to dry them out, then add them to your vegetable garden or toss out. I add mine in a heavy iron pot and mash them up into powder before adding to tomato and basil garden.
7. To strain out soup: remove as much vegtables as you can with a straining spoon, then strain remaining pult through the mesh strainer into glass jars, then store in refrigerator for 48 hours, then take remaining stock after 48 hours and freeze. I put mine in ice cube trays for easy access. ( 5 cubes equals a half cup )
8. I am eventually going to do a youtube on this recipe, but have one on vegetabl chicken stock on youtube now. For easy access to my videos, just google vegetable chicken stock in 30 seconds. ( That is the link to all my videos )