5 Great Sustainability MBA Programs for Entrepreneurs
As more online MBA programs are offering more specializations, one of the most popular in recent years is sustainability. Since the economic downturn in 2008, many businesses are on the lookout for leaders who can work effectively both as a business leader and as a faithful steward of the environment. Today, there are a number of excellent online MBA programs in sustainability that can help to turn you into a leader in this growing field:
- Devry University -- The business world is getting greener every day, and our business careers are doing the same. With this MBA in Sustainability Management, you will be fully ready to manage green-focused businesses that reflect all key areas of administration and business. These include operations, marketing, economics and corporate sustainability. The highly experienced faculty at Devry University are industry leaders in the environmental fields. The courses they teach will deal with topics that are critical to the growth in this area. Some of these include courses in conservation, advocacy and regulation.
- Walden University -- Earn your MBA with a specialization in Strategies for Sustainability. You will learn the skills that you need to managed major changes that add value, contributes to a sustainable future for the planet and responds effectively to the needs of society and organizations. You will learn how to develop innovative social responsibility practices as you assist organizations in their response to their communities and their world in a sustainable way. Complete your online degree in just 22 months.
- Marylhurst University -- Many people decide that getting an MBA in Sustainable Business is the right thing to do in terms of career growth and environmental stewardship. The classes in this dynamic program focus on people, planet and profit. The green MBA program is unique because the latest sustainable business practices are integrated into every class. You will learn to search for solutions that promote financial viability, sustainability and social justice. You can focus on renewable energy, food systems management, green development, green information technology, government policy or natural resources management.
- Southern New Hampshire University -- You can earn your online MBA in Sustainability and Environmental Compliance. You will learn about the many environmental challenges that face businesses today, and how such challenges have an influence on decision making and strategy development. You can assist your organization in compliance with changing environmental laws and with achieving realistic sustainability goals. This is a classic MBA that also features courses that focus on on a range of ecological and energy challenges and opportunities in business today.
- University of Saint Francis -- This MBA in Sustainability can be completed completely online. This is a regular MBA but is strongly enhanced by five core environmental science classes: Applied Statistics for Environmental Science, Environmental Law, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Ethics and Professional Practice, and Environmental Epidemiology.
As more and more MBA students understand the importance of learning sustainable business practices, more students than ever before are choosing an MBA in sustainability. Be sure to check out the five online mba programs listed above, so you can get started on your own sustainable future.