Free Email Marketing Resources for Nonprofits
I worked as a canvasser for a nonprofit organization when I was in college. While we were out soliciting donations, one of the most common questions we got was “Where does the money go to?” To answer this valid question, we were given circle graphs which broke down expenses. In our case, about 12% of all donations were going to marketing expenses.
As a nonprofit, you want to maximize every dollar of contributions to their fullest. If not, you won’t be as successful in bringing in donations anymore. So, you should take any opportunity to cut down on marketing costs. Luckily, many email marketing providers are willing to give discounts to nonprofits.
Here is a list of email marketing providers which give special deals for nonprofit and charity organizations:
- Vertical Response: If you are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, then Vertical Response will give you 10,000 free email credits per month (credits cannot be rolled over). If you need more credits, they can be purchased at 15% discount.
- Aweber: Aweber, which is one of the most popular email marketing services, provides 501(c)(3) nonprofits with 3 months of free service and a 25% discount on all future services. They also have discounts for students.
- Benchmark Email: Benchmark Email is one of the leading email services and it offers a 25% discount to nonprofits. This discount is in addition to the discount of 10% which they give for paying a year in advance, so it is possible to get a full 35% off their prices.
- Mail Chimp: Mail Chimp is another of the most popular email marketing services. They have completely free service for ALL email marketers with fewer than 2,000 subscribers and less than 12,000 emails monthly. Even though they don’t advertise it very well, they also offer a 15% discount on their paid services for nonprofits. You can get the discount by clicking here and then choosing “nonprofit/agency discount request” from the “send my message to” box.
- Constant Contact: Constant Contact has some of the best email services and features available. They offer nonprofits a 60-day free trial plus a discount of 30% off. The discount is contingent on you paying in advance though.
- Graphic Mail: If you are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, then Graphic Mail will give you 10,000 free emails per month plus a 20% discount on costs afterwards.
- Get Response: With this 50%-off deal from Get Response, nonprofits can get access to incredibly cheap email marketing services. The plans also include access to other services from Get Response, like free email templates for nonprofits.
- Stream Send: Stream Send offers a discount to nonprofits and government agencies. You have to call to get the discount information.
- iContact: If your nonprofit is located in North Carolina, then iContact will give you completely free email marketing services. Nonprofits outside of NC will get a 20% discount.
- Emma: Emma email marketing service gives nonprofits and charities a 20% discount. You just have to email them your tax ID when you sign up.
- Elite Email: With Elite Email, nonprofits get a 20% discount.
Take advantage of these resources! Email marketing for nonprofits has shown to be incredibly effective in building up relationships with supporters by maintaining communication. With just one email campaign, you can inform all your subscribers about what your nonprofit has done for them lately and get them to take action for your cause.