Green Dog of the Year Official Rules
Read the official rules for the Green Dog of the Year contest.
Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 12:02 PM
MOTHER NATURE NETWORK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This promotion is intended for play and participation in the continental United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Georgia and the United States. Please do not enter if you are not located in the continental United States.
1. TO ENTER: Visit the Green Dog of the Year contest landing page between 3:00:00 p.m. on January 6, 2010 and 11:59:59 p.m. on February 12, 2010 and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form. Upon submission of the official entry form, you and your dog will be entered into the contest for the chance to win a year's supply of Eukanuba Naturally Wild dog food (“Contest”). Limit one entry per email address. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
All entries become property of Mother Nature Network (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information or for late, lost, destroyed, misdirected or incomplete entries, or for computer system or phone line, high-speed data line errors, software, hardware malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in transmissions that are human or technical in nature.
By entering you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Void outside the continental U.S. and where prohibited.
2. DRAWING/ENTRY AND PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive a year's supply (12 30 lbs bags) of Eukanuba Naturally Wild Formula dog food or $400 in cash. Delivery to be arranged by Sponsor.
Prize Value: The approximate retail value of the prize (ARV) is: $600.
Selection: A panel of experts from Mother Nature Network will review all submitted images and determine the winner. The selection will be conducted by Sponsor at 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303 on or about February 15, 2010. The winner will be contacted by telephone or e-mail within seven (7) days of the selection. In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the winner within seventy-two (72) hours of its initial contact attempt, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn. All decisions of Sponsor are final in all matters. Prizes, once issued, are nontransferable and cannot be reissued.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the entry deadline.
Winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release within seven (7) days of notification of winner status. Failure to complete and return the affidavit will result in forfeiture of the prize by winner.
All applicable taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the continental U.S., 18 years of age and older. Employees of Sponsor and Proctor & Gamble and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotional agencies involved with this promotion (“Contest Parties”), including the immediate families and household members of such employees and agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
4. RELEASE: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Contest Parties, and each of their respective directors, employees and agents, harmless from any liability, loss or damage incurred from participating in this Contest, or the use, misuse or acceptance of prize.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, biographical material, photograph or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion of the event or otherwise without further compensation, except where prohibited.
5. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest and randomly award the prizes from among eligible entries received at the time of any causes beyond the control of Sponsor to corrupt the selection.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify anyone found to be: 1) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or 2) acting in violation of these Official Rules.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the website where online entries are received or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Fulton County, Georgia.
Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Rules will not be deemed a waiver of the provision or any other right.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Eukanuba Green Dog of the Year Winner, Mother Nature Network, 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303 by January 1, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: Mother Nature Network, 191 Peachtree St., Suite 4075, Atlanta, GA 30303.