What do you know about fall?
Score: 0 10
Question: 0 of 10
Question: 0 of 10
Score: 0 10
The others occur (respectively) in March, January and November.
- Worm Moon
- Locust Moon
- Wolf Moon
- Beaver Moon
Indiana started observing DST statewide in 2006. Hawaii (and most of Arizona) still do not observe daylight saving time.
Pumpkin spice traditionally is made of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg (and sometimes clove and mace too).
- Cinnamon pumpkin
- Autumn Gold pumpkin
- It doesn't contain pumpkin
- Any pumpkin will do
Jim and Kelsey Bryson of Canada presented their gigantic gourd at the Prince Edward County Pumpkinfest in Wellington, Ontario, Canada.
- 914 pounds, 2 ounces
- 1,219 pounds, 9 ounces
- 1,818 pounds, 5 ounces
- 2,023 pounds, 10 ounces
Pumpkins need warm weather to develop and may rot off if the weather is cool and wet.
- After the last spring frost.
- The first day of summer.
- Just before the first fall frost.
- It doesn't really matter; like zucchini, pumpkins aren't picky.
Oktoberfest runs until the first Sunday in October, roughly coinciding with the CDC's advice to get vaccinated "ideally by October." (But getting vaccinated even later can be protective, as long as flu viruses are circulating.)
- When football season starts
- By the end of Oktoberfest
- By Halloween
- By Thanksgiving
On Oct. 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The citizens of Munich were invited to attend festivities including horse races, which were such a hit that they were repeated the next year, giving rise to the annual celebration.
- The hops harvest
- The wedding of a prince and princess
- The opening of a Munich brewery
- The first badger hunt with dachshunds
According to the National Arboretum, a wet growing season followed by a dry autumn full of sunny days and cool, frostless nights brings the best fall colors. Freezing temps and hard frosts can lead to poor fall color and early leaf loss.
- Mild nights, overcast days
- Frosty nights, sunny days
- Cool nights, rainy days
- Cool nights, sunny days
Vermont's commissioner of forests, parks, and recreation holds the unofficial title and helps drive about $460 million in annual tourism revenue.
- West Virginia
- Are you serious? Every state has one.
Red and purple leaves are actually caused by the presence of sugars from sap that is trapped inside of the leaves.
- Black tupelo
- Pin oak
OUR FAVORITE STORIES
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to help the victims of Nepal's earthquake
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- The Ecomodernist Manifesto: How to have a great Anthropocene
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain