Activists to protest U.S. Capitol Power Plant
I love a good protest!
On March 2, Capitol Climate Action is targeting The Capitol Power Plant for a mass civil disobedience action. They are calling for citizens to gather at 1 p.m. at the Spirit of Justice Park for a short march to the power plant. The expected crowd of thousands will disrupt access to the plant and will refuse to leave when asked.
Here are a few guidelines CCA has laid out for the day:
• We will promote a tone of respect, honesty, transparency and accountability in our actions.
• We will use no violence (physical or verbal) towards any person.
• We will not destroy or damage property.
• We will not carry anything that can be construed as a weapon, nor possess (or consume) any alcohol or drugs.
• We will all hold each other accountable to respecting these agreements.
They are holding trainings ahead of the big day on non-violent protest in cities all over the country; check out the schedule here if you're interested in participating.
Via Marc Gunther (no relation)
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.