Here are a bunch of good stories that have been collecting in my browser this week. Enjoy!
• Another of my friends, Stephanie Rogers, wrote a good post about the spread of community woodworking shops.
• The manholes of Washington, DC have taken to randomly exploding due to natural gas leaking underneath the city.
• Is the earth about to flip through a potentially catastrophic state change thanks to the impact of human society? A new review study looks at how close we may be to a climatic tipping point.
• Nature is really good at design. Check out these insect wings that fight off bacteria by microscopically shredding them.
• Can we 3D print our way out of climate change?
Have a great weekend!
And if you haven't already, please take my climate change survey. Thank you.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.