Here's a midweek link drop for you. Enjoy!
• The EPA recently approved the TVA's plans to dump contaminated coal ash waste from the Harriman, Tenn., eco-disaster in a poor African-American community in Alabama.
• North Carolina state Rep. Pricey Harrison (D-Greensboro) introduced a bill in the House to prohibit cities and counties from blanket prohibitions on drying clothes on a line. And it got slaughtered in committee.
• A giant blob of something is floating in the sea off of Alaska. There's no word of a rumor that Sarah and Todd Palin are motoring out to it with a harpoon and bible to fend it off.
• Meet the Carrot Mob, a wickedly smart idea for harnessing the power of people's pocketbooks to bring about a greener world.
• Burning Man 2007 was symbolically greener.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.