Here's a midweek link drop for you. Enjoy!
• The EPA recently approved the TVA's plans to dump contaminated coal ash waste from the Harriman, Tenn., eco-disaster in a poor African-American community in Alabama.
• North Carolina state Rep. Pricey Harrison (D-Greensboro) introduced a bill in the House to prohibit cities and counties from blanket prohibitions on drying clothes on a line. And it got slaughtered in committee.
• A giant blob of something is floating in the sea off of Alaska. There's no word of a rumor that Sarah and Todd Palin are motoring out to it with a harpoon and bible to fend it off.
• Meet the Carrot Mob, a wickedly smart idea for harnessing the power of people's pocketbooks to bring about a greener world.
• Burning Man 2007 was symbolically greener.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.