Happy Wednesday! Here are some good stories to help you ride through the day.
• Wind power grew 39% in 2009. Huzzah.
• This ice fishing video has some pretty cool footage shot from beneath the ice.
• This is as pure awesome as it gets- artist Jeremy Dean cut up a Hummer H2 and turned it into a horse carriage.
• Have you heard? (Smart) mud is the new plastic.
• I don't see why anyone is surprised at the news that lawns aren't CO2 sinks.
• The new jet engine inspired FloDesign wind turbine claims to be 3-4 times more efficient than the traditional prop style. This could very well be the future of wind power, check it out
• Haiti should be built strong and solar powered.
• Yes! TerraCycle, one of the coolest companies around in my opinion, will begin upcycling pens and markers.
• And Yes!, the Recovery Act is working.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.