Choose your D.O.T. (Do One Thing)
Here's a bunch of great stories you should be reading.
• Recycling on the move- How San Francisco is able to compost, reuse, or recycle 72 percent of its waste stream.
• House fire caught in a tornado- Holy amazing video, Batman.
• Dimijian Images mossy leaf-tailed gecko- You don't get more camouflaged than this. Nature is awesome.
• Ban Ki-Moon's Shocking Climate-Change Photos- The U.N. secretary-general comments on photos showing the results of already rising temperatures.
• The business lobby and the chamber of commerce- For the first time in its history the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is losing members over a policy issue. Is climate change too big for the chamber to fight?
• Rush Limbaugh to NYTimes environmental reporter Revkin: "Why don't you just go kill yourself"- Par for the course for Rush, it must be hard having to try to out-crazy Glenn Beck.
• How to Get More Bicyclists on the Road- The percentage of women riders in a local bicyclist population is a great indicator of how safe an area's roads are.
• Kill a Kid? Take the Day Off- We have to stop treating police different than regular people when it comes to crime. A Dallas police officer was driving 70 mph in a 40 mph zone without his lights or siren on. He struck and killed a 10-year-old boy riding on his bike and received a day's suspension from work. Outfreakingragous.
• Coal Plants Do $62 Billion of Damages a Year to U.S. Environment- Coal is the enemy of humanity and is costing our country more than it's worth.
• The 5 Most Eco-Friendly Airlines- If you have to fly, you should try to do it as green as you can.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.