Happy Friday! Here are a few good stories to take you out of this long work week.
• The illoomballoon is an LED light-filled balloon that burns out after 15 hours.
• Check out Shibam, Yemen, home of the centuries old mud skyscrapers. It's even car free!
• Shipping containers make for great health clinics.
• Copenhagen is experimenting with rack-less bike parking.
• Apparently it's news that the solar industry is realizing they need to hire lobbyists to get their agenda pushed in D.C.
• #350Cute- with me now- awwww....
• "Clean" coal is going nowhere fast. It couldn't happen to a dirtier source of energy.
• Big events means big trash. 10 events that need their own landfills.
• The amazing story behind National Geographic's "Do chimps grieve photo?".
• These are either the greenest robbers (low-impact disguises!) or the dumbest. Or both.
• Could California actually do it?
Have a spooktacular Halloween!
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.