Happy Friday! Here are a few good stories to take you out of this long work week.
• The illoomballoon is an LED light-filled balloon that burns out after 15 hours.
• Check out Shibam, Yemen, home of the centuries old mud skyscrapers. It's even car free!
• Shipping containers make for great health clinics.
• Copenhagen is experimenting with rack-less bike parking.
• Apparently it's news that the solar industry is realizing they need to hire lobbyists to get their agenda pushed in D.C.
• #350Cute- with me now- awwww....
• "Clean" coal is going nowhere fast. It couldn't happen to a dirtier source of energy.
• Big events means big trash. 10 events that need their own landfills.
• The amazing story behind National Geographic's "Do chimps grieve photo?".
• These are either the greenest robbers (low-impact disguises!) or the dumbest. Or both.
• Could California actually do it?
Have a spooktacular Halloween!
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.