MNN week in review
Catch up on the highlights for March 15-21.
Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM
MNN's best bets for the week of Feb. 15-21:
• Big backlash: President Obama goes after Big Oil's tax credits, and the industry isn't pleased.
• Slumdog sustainability: Slums could teach us a lesson in successful urban development.
• Support your local dairy farmer: An organic dairy farmer in New York is offering a 6 percent interest rate on a $1,000 loan.
• This week's destination: Dominica is a twist on the standard Caribbean vacation.
• Translating Uncle Sam: Nuclear power in the U.S. is at a crossroads.
• Book review: "Two Billion Cars" by Daniel Sperling and Deborah Gordon.
• Video break: Chuck Leavell interviews John Bell, frontman of Widespread Panic.
• Green tips: MNN offers tips and tricks for making St. Patrick's Day eco-friendly.
• Unhappy anniversary: Peter Dykstra contemplates what's still not right on the 20th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez spill.
• Get a job: MNN's green jobs primer helps you get a job and help save the earth.
• Video break II: "Heroes" star Greg Grunberg hawks Yowza, a new phone app that could save a tree or two.