MNN week in review
This week's best bets from the Mother Nature Network.
Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Our picks for the week of June 14-20:
• Apocalypse Now?! Ken Edelstein poses a question: When it comes to a discussion about climate change, what's the breaking point for over-the-top rhetoric?
• The tussle at Tesla: MNN blogger Jim Motavalli digs into the lawsuit between the carmaker and one of its founders.
• TV debut: The Lazy Environmentalist brings his advice to the Sundance Channel.
• The Johnny Appleseed of solar power: You might not know Neville Williams, but you'll appreciate his quest.
• Obama and the fly: The president swats a fly ... and PETA freaks out.
• Old-school outhouses: The Amish butt heads with authorities in Pennsylvania over sanitation methods.
• What causes lightning? Translating Uncle Sam simplifies this natural phenomenon.
• Power from the people: A British supermarket chain uses kinetic energy from the parking lot to power their checkouts.
• Are you a recession flexitarian? You may not be familiar with the term, but you may be one.
• Ecollywood: How green is Piers Morgan? He's so green he gave up his rides on Simon Cowell's private jet.