MNN week in review
This week's best bets from the Mother Nature Network.
Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 04:59 PM
Our picks for the week of June 21-27:
• Al Gore, bogeyman: Ken Edelstein talks to the former vice president — via iPhone texts — about claims that he's making a fortune off climate change.
• Tug of war on ice: Nations eye the fuel-rich Arctic region, even as scientists warn it's slipping away.
• Mercury levels: How much mercury is in the fish we eat? Translating Uncle Sam has the answer.
• Sing-along! Jonathan Kesselman finds unwary New Yorkers to sing the Captain Planet theme song. Watch the video.
• Top 10 green cities: Check out this gallery of the greenest American spots.
• All eco, no ego: Missy Higgins is a songstress with green leanings who doesn't need to shout about it.
• Is light rail safe? MNN blogger defends this form of transit, despite this week's fatal crash.
• Green language: Shea Gunther scrutinizes environmental language.