Our picks for the week of June 21-27:
- Al Gore, bogeyman: Ken Edelstein talks to the former vice president — via iPhone texts — about claims that he's making a fortune off climate change.
- Tug of war on ice: Nations eye the fuel-rich Arctic region, even as scientists warn it's slipping away.
- Mercury levels: How much mercury is in the fish we eat? Translating Uncle Sam has the answer.
- Sing-along! Jonathan Kesselman finds unwary New Yorkers to sing the Captain Planet theme song. Watch the video.
- Top 10 green cities: Check out this gallery of the greenest American spots.
- All eco, no ego: Missy Higgins is a songstress with green leanings who doesn't need to shout about it.
- Is light rail safe? MNN blogger defends this form of transit, despite this week's fatal crash.
- Green language: Shea Gunther scrutinizes environmental language.
- Green Party: Danielle talks to a rickshaw driver about how to get to the wedding in green style.