MNN week in review
This week's best bets from the Mother Nature Network.
Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 08:20 AM
Our picks for the week of July 19-25:
• Get Fresh: It's the new, grassroots food film that you can screen in your living room.
• Clean, green, high-tech machines: 5 cool car trends to watch.
• Media Mayhem: Cheer up! All the environmental headlines aren't gloom and doom.
• Fresh faces: MNN introduces 40 farmers under 40.
• Pop quiz: Jonathan Kesselman surprises visitors to New York's Times Square with an eco-quiz. Watch the video.
• Breathe deep ... or not: Learn how fine particulates can damage your lungs. Translating Uncle Sam explains.
• A step up from Billy Beer: Kid Rock works with a biodiesel-powered brewery to create a light, American-style lager.
• Temperature check: Nate Silver challenges climate change skeptics over temperature.
• Sarah Palin's tweets: The soon-to-be-former governor of Alaska tweets about oil, Alaska and mother bears.
• 10 eco-scholarships: Resources for financially strapped, green-minded students.