Our picks for the week of Aug. 30-Sept. 5:
• Is buying local always better? The most responsible food decision isn't that simple.
• Get crafty: Danielle introduces brides to RePlayground, a resource for do-it-yourself decorating.
• Media Mayhem: Ken Edelstein compares Cash for Clunkers to a methadone clinic ... really.
• Translating Uncle Sam: Take a look at the difference between urban and rural energy consumption. The results might surprise you.
• Off to school: No, not the kids. This one's about a green mom who goes to cooking school.
• Common Ground: Rabbi and author says taking care of the Earth is a nondenominational assignment.