Our picks for the week of Sept. 13-19:
• What's not green about sex?: Vanessa Vadim discusses the environmental pros and cons of sex toys.
• The 15 most toxic places to live: The list that may inspire people to take action to keep the planet clean.
• Wal-Mart and McDonald's gift cards use to fight syphilis: Free goodies and food are given to those who get tested for VD.
• Interactive: Are gray wolves still endangered?: As wolves kill more livestock, some humans are once again howling for their heads.
• What's the bathroom etiquette when you go camping?: Matt Hickman gives the low-down on how to properly poop in the wilderness.
• Boy finds rare pink grasshopper in Britain: The insect's color intensity makes it particularly unusual.
• Shots in the park: New coffee-table explores national parks like never before: Photographer Ian Shive publishes a book filled with images of the 58 national parks.
• Is the Reva electric car the wave of the future?: Jon Motavalli takes a drive in the Indian-made Reva EV.
• Chuck Leavell interviews football star Ovie Mughelli: The Atlanta Falcons fullback discusses his environmental passion.
• Emmy Awards go green: The motto for this year's show is "reduce, reuse and recycle."
Want more headlines from the past week. Visit our Daily Briefing archives.