Our picks for the week of Oct. 4-10:
• First SIGG, now Gaiam: Reusable water bottle maker Gaiam says its bottles leach BPA in small amounts.
• What the heck is vegan wine? MNN writer learns that animal proteins are commonly used in the winemaking process.
• Our home blogger introduces you to Brad Pitt's incredible floating house — a concept that may transform New Orleans' rebuilding effort.
• Translating Uncle Sam digs into the issue of overfishing. Can a new focus on sustainable practices pull fish and fishermen back from the brink?
• Plant the seed of environmental awareness with 10 great books for your baby's library.
• Pee before you fly: That's one way a Japanese airline is reducing its carbon emissions. Seriously.
• Farmer D works with an elementary school to install an edible garden. Watch the video to find out why it's such a valuable tool for