MNN's picks for the week of April 5-11:
• Green vs. red: One mom's mission to raise an eco-friendly family despite the recession.
• We can fix it! Listen up as Van Jones tells David Gottfried how fixing the economy and fixing the planet can go hand in hand.
• Green Empire: New York's Empire State Building to get a $500 million energy efficient makeover.
• MNN book review: 'Animal Investigators' is like CSI for animals.
• Video break: Catch the lastest episode of Captain Planet. (This week, it's "Ghost of Porkaloin Past" -- don't miss it.)
• Water wars: Managing this resource has traditionally brought out humanity's wackiest ideas.
• Cheap and fun: MNN's Jim Motavalli offers five great used cars for these troubled economic times.
• Translating Uncle Sam: Which U.S. volcanoes are most likely to erupt?
• Last chance! See the final segment of Chuck Leavell's interview with John Bell and take the quiz for a chance at tickets to the 10,000 Lakes Festival.