MNN week in review
This week's best bets from the Mother Nature Network.
Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 08:16 AM
Our picks for the week of Oct. 11-17:
• How can I get my husband to wear underwear again? That's just one of the many questions MNN's advice team tackles each week. See the archive for more gems.
• Electric cars are quiet — maybe too quiet, says auto blogger Jim Motovalli, who wrote about this issue for MNN and the New York Times this week.
• Fetzer Vineyard was sustainable long before wineries took on that challenge. Find out more about the California winery's history.
• Happy (green) Halloween. We've got dozens of articles on the scariest (and soon to be greenest) holiday.
• In the Green Room: Chuck Leavell catches up with Ludacris, rapper and entrepreneur. Watch the video.
• The stars gathered at Hugh Hefner's Playboy mansion recently to raise awareness for renewable energy. Really, that's why they were there.
• Sad is the day when your favorite beach closes ... but it's even more pathetic when it's closed because of a mile-long trail of manatee poop.
• Paula Zahn takes shorter showers than she used to. That's just part of her family's plan to do their part for the planet.
• We couldn't help ourselves. We created a photo gallery of celebrities with eco-sounding names. Check it out — you may giggle.
• And finally, for your moment of head-slapping: Dead fish "responds" to photos in a study that may make you second-guess all future studies.
You Might Also Like