Our picks for the week of Nov. 22-28:
• Check out MNN's quirky gift guide. Follow it, and you'll survive the holidays intact AND placate your crazy relatives with thoughtful gifts.
• Looking for noteworthy songs with an environmental message? Our expert offers his green suggestions, from Marvin Gaye to Green Day.
• Here's one more reason to be thankful: We've rounded up all our Thanksgiving recipe and activity ideas in one convenient place.
• Media Mayhem takes a swipe at the authors of the highly controversial book, SuperFreakonomics, but it's not in the way you might think. Ken Edelstein says being independent doesn't make you a hero — and this fan of High Noon knows a thing or two about heroes.
• It's time to get crafty. Here are five Earth-friendly DIY holiday gifts you can make.
• Welcome to the Urban Revolution: Author Jeb Brugmann argues that the population density of cities creates a unique opportunity for collaboration on economic, social and political issues.
• Ray Anderson is CEO of Interface and a dogged environmentalist. Learn more about him through two interviews conducted by Chuck Leavell for our In the Green Room series.
• No need to worry about the Eggo shortage ... our food blogger does a taste test of frozen waffles to find a suitable replacement.