Our picks for the week of Dec. 6-12:
• Is BPA poisoning our food? Translating Uncle Sam takes a deeper look at the chemical that has been in the headlines all year.
• 10 don't-miss environmental documentaries from 2009.
• Real or faux tree? Our home expert tackles the annual dilemma for a green-leaning, Christmas-loving reader.
• All eyes on Copenhagen: Keep up with the latest news from the climate talks.
• Media columnist Ken Edelstein says it's tempting to see a moral tale in Dubai's financial misfortunes, but it's not that simple.
• Find out how the Indigo Girls are helping Native Americans in this In the Green Room video with Chuck Leavell.
• What is the world coming to? Demure petunias and simple potatoes are now technically carnivorous plants.
• Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman share a passion for environmental issues, especially when it comes to water.