MNN week in review
Our best bets let you catch up on on the headlines.
Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 01:14 PM
MNN's picks for the week of April 12-18:
• Mother Nature's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1: Peter Dykstra counts down his top 20 eco-inspired songs.
• "Planet Forward": A new PBS show calls on citizen journalists to explore the earth.
• Grow a row: Read about a food bank program that's putting the abundance of backyard gardeners into the hands of those who need it most.
• He's a LEEDer: Meet Jerry Cooper, an architect whose love of the land drives his work.
• Ask Vanessa: Our answer guru tackles the topic of meat, what's in it and how its production impacts the planet.
• Translating Uncle Sam: Our guide helps you find the mercury in your house.
• "The Scavengers' Manifesto": A husband-and-wife dumpster-diving team offer their zeal for free stuff — and their disdain for America's wasteful ways. (An MNN book review)
• Find your bliss: What will make you happier — a big house in the 'burbs or a smaller one close to work?
• Marketing Captain Planet: Go behind the scenes with the producer who struggled to find the right environmental balance.
• Count your carbon: MNN offers the 15 most useful tools for shrinking your carbon footprint.
You Might Also Like