MNN week in review
This week's best bets from the Mother Nature Network.
Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 08:00 AM
Our picks for the week of Dec. 20-26:
• Trying to buy only sustainable seafood at the supermarket? There's an app for that.
• We've got everything you need for last-minute Christmas planning.
• If you feel like getting creative, here are 3 DIY wines you can make at home.
• Energy-hogging Christmas spectacles drive our home blogger up the wall. What do you think?
• Media Mayhem: The top eco-stories of 2009 that don't have anything to do with climate change.
• On the lighter side of the news, our week in photos captures an orange cat in the Christmas tree and much more.
• The opening graph of this new book about farming in a California ghetto will get you hooked on Farm City.
• Learn how the cast of Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel is going green.
• Fact or fiction? We've resolved 7 eco-myths that you've always wondered about.
• Just in time for the weekend, here are 10 eco-friendly ways to pass the time at home over the holidays.
A SMALL GIFT: A photo gallery of zoo animals enjoying their holiday treats. It'll bring a smile to your face, we promise.