Our picks for the week of May 11-16:
• Is Congress killing the organic farm? Two new bills intended to prevent outbreaks of food-borne illnesses could spell big trouble for small farms.
• News behaving badly: Peter Dykstra says it's worth looking at the difference between reporting the news and scaring the audience.
• Meet Mrs. Begley: How Rachelle Carson Begley keeps up with her famous green husband.
• How the flu works: Translating Uncle Sam reveals how a tiny bundle of genes can threaten civilization.
• Ask Vanessa: What kind of dangers are lurking in your nonstick cookware? Find out, courtesy of our answer guru.
• Get ready for a night out: Danielle shows you how to prepare for an eco-friendly bachelorette party. Watch the video.
• Follow that cow: A New Jersey farm lets customers track their meal from field to table — on their computers.