Our picks for the week of June 27-July 3:
• Tesla Motor's IPO snagged a fair amount of press this week. Our auto blogger says this company will succeed. Why? Because it sells a really sexy product.
• Planet Pundit columnist Ken Edelstein looks to ancient Egypt for a modern-day lesson. Here's why environmental shortsightedness doesn't work out well in any era.
• While were on the topic ... check out a gallery of seven surprising global warming deniers.
• This week's destination is Abu Dhabi, an oil-rich emirate with an impressive green vision.
• Hurricanes aren't funny, but the weather guys who cover them sure are. Check out this infographic pitting Mother Nature vs. the media.
Plus: Who needs stained glass when there's a dragonfly around? Learn more about the photo (above) and don't miss the bionic cat in the week in photos.