Our picks for the week of Dec. 19-25:
• This green destination will take the chill out of the air. Samoa offers the beauty of the South Pacific without as many fellow travelers along for the ride.
• Read the inspiring story of a blogger who has committed to giving a daily donation to charity for a year.
• These six cool ice hotels are for the brave at heart.
• 2010 marked eBay's 15th year of existence. In honor of the online auction site, here are 10 insider secrets every buyer and seller should know.
• You've done your Christmas shopping and now you're waiting for the bills to roll in. Here's how to cut costs when money is tight.
• Good ol' Cracker Barrel is modernizing — at least in the parking lot. Soon electric vehicle owners will be able to charge up their cars while they eat.
• And finally, GM will repurpose 100 miles of oil-soaked plastic boom from the Gulf oil spill into plastic parts for the Chevy Volt.
Plus: Don't miss this adorable pile of Rhodesian ridgeback puppies in the week in photos.