Our picks for the week of Nov. 14-20:
• Do you care about the oceans? Then this one is a must-read. Coral reefs — the bedrock of ecosystems and economies around the world — may be on the verge of sparking a global sea change if they don't stop dying.
• While were on that side of the pond, let's take a moment to consider the eco-mansion in Herefordshire that everyone is speculating will become home for the married Prince William and Kate Middleton.
• This week's book review is proof that you can find humor in anything. In "The Disappearing Spoon," Sam Kean shares funny-but-true tales about the scientists behind the periodic table.
• Need a dose of cute? We've got 11 with our gallery of the smallest mammals in the world.
• And finally, file this under Things I Didn't Know I Needed to Know: Six unconventional ways you can use a microwave oven.
Plus: If you haven't already flipped through the week in photos, you should check it out — some beautiful images from around the world.