Our picks for the week of May 16-22:
• More bad news on the BPA front: A study of canned foods showed there's bisphenol A in almost every one — no matter the brand.
• Ever wonder why new furniture smells funny? Here's what you can do about offgassing furniture.
• "The Gospel According to Earth": Author Matthew Sleeth urges a more respectful way of living on the planet.
• MNN continues to keep up with coverage of Gulf oil spill. This week, the oil finally hit shore and the results weren't pretty. (That's a dragonfly struggling with an oily bit of marsh grass, at left.)
• What's the cost of offshore oil drilling? This in-depth story explores all sides of the issue.
Plus: Don't miss a stunning art installment in Hamburg, Germany, part of MNN's week in photos.