• The calendar just flipped over to November, which means you'll be busy from now until the end of the year. We've got five easy dishes with 8 or fewer ingredients to help you put dinner on the table in a hurry.
• Science fiction films often have environmental overtones. Shea Gunther, one of our Earth Matters bloggers, points to seven movies in which the eco-horror story seems plausible today.
• The mouse that appears to be walking on stilts (above right) is just one of a trove of great animal photos from this month's photo gallery. Don't miss this gallery.
• Be honest: you eat too much food and too varied a diet over [skipwords]Thanksgiving[/skipwords]. Here's how to keep your pooch from following your lead.
• These eco-conscious churches prove that worshipers in the new millennium are willing to put their money where their hearts are — right here on Earth. Learn more about these churches that are saying "Amen" to going green.
• If you haven't taken the train recently, this story might make you reconsider that choice. Starre Vartan makes a good argument for the quality of travel time vs. the quantity in Why train travel is the best way to go.
• Mount Everest puts Nepal on the map, but this nation has more to offer, including lush lowlands, the birthplace of Buddha and plenty of wildlife.
• Cracker Barrel has kept its promise to go back to its car-focused roots. The restaurant chain now offers free fast-charging for electric vehicles at 12 of its Interstate-based Tennessee restaurants, with 12 more to come. MNN's Jim Motavalli tells you all about it.
• First the banking industry raised fees, then came the backlash. Our banking infographic shows you how this rare consumer victory unfolded.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos, including this image (below) of a hippo learning the ropes from its mother.