Our picks for the week of April 3-9:
• We can't all have the most organic farms or the lowest air pollution, but every U.S. state is No. 1 in some environmental or public health category ... and No. 50 in another. Here's a look at each state's strengths and weaknesses.
• The shopping pros share 10 tips for online shopping, including ways to get the most bang for your buck.
• The image at right may look like something under a microscope, but it's the opposite: This is a view of the Himalaya Mountains from space, courtesy of the Earth Resources Observation and Science Center or EROS. We like to call it Earth as art.
• Every dog owner has experienced that sinking feeling — when good-natured Fido starts behaving badly. Our pet expert has some tips on what to do.
• Should your teen work at McDonald's? Our food blogger says yes, but not for the reason you might think.
• Margaret Roach is a formerly high-profile media maven who escaped the chaos to turn to nature. In fact, she has just released a memoir, "And I Shall Have Some Peace There," and caught up with our home blogger.
• Banks make us think of a different kind of green, but here's a quick list of the world's most eco-friendly banks.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos, including an impressive image of lightning on the Atlanta skyline.