MNN week in review: Fall soups, Halloween costumes and yummy maple syrup
This week's best bets from Mother Nature Network.
Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 06:50 PM
• An ode to soup: It's frugal, nutritious and not to mention delicious. Here are five reasons why it should be on your fall menu.
• Looking for a costume that's sure to get people talking? Try one of our 12 original costume ideas and make a green statement this Halloween.
• MNN's Starre Vartan shares her thoughts on another fall staple: Why real maple syrup makes all the difference.
• Believe it or not, there are some places in the U.S. where your car isn't welcome. Check out 10 places in the U.S. where bikes and boats rule.
• The film "You've Been Trumped" chronicles the saga of Donald Trump's golf development and how it has impacted the residents of a close-knit Scottish community. (That's the movie poster at right, if that gives you any indication of the tone.)
• New Hampshire: Forget politics and see what natural beauty this destination has to offer.
• Next time you plan a road trip, you can include one these eight highly unusual medical museums in your itenerary.
• Our auto blogger shares his favorite website for classic cars.
• As NASA begins its post-shuttle era and the International Space Station nears retirement, Mars is fast emerging as the next frontier in space travel. Tour 12 of the red planet's most intriguing places.
• Pet expert Morieka Johnson helps a reader who wants to keep her dog entertained and fit while he recovers from surgery.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos, including this great photo of Michelle Obama leading kids in jumping jacks at the White House.