Our picks for the week of April 17-23:
• If you haven't checked out the work of our new technology blogger, Chris Turner, here's a good introduction: He addresses the real cost of nature in why a piece of pristine coral is like a $20 bill.
• Matt Hickman seeks out the 10 best airport restaurants in the nation. Airport food sure has come a long way.
• That gorgeous sunset above is this week's destination is Phuket, Thailand, which will appeal to nature lovers and the party set.
• MSNBC's Contessa Brewer shares her little-known, off-camera hobby: composting.
• And since it's a week for all things earthly, we created this useful file: how to recycle 8 oddball items that otherwise would end up in a landfill.
• This analysis of U.S. energy use will change your opinion about what a difference one person's actions can make.
• Even those who work from home occasionally have to go on the road. With that group in mind, here are five green hotels for business travelers.
• Plants need love as much as anyone. But unfortunately for us, some plants' very public displays of affection can be hard to ignore. Here are 11 allergy-inducing pollen producers.
• Take a look at these 15 newsworthy animals and gain a better understanding of what those headlines are all about. 15 animals making headlines.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos.