MNN week in review: Tiny homes and huge (endangered) whales
This week's best bets from Mother Nature Network.
Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 08:03 AM
Our picks for the week of June 20-June 26:
• Small homes are coming back into favor, but these 10 tiny, well-designed abodes bring a whole new meaning to the concept.
• C-3PO would be proud: Israeli researchers are hosting a competition to create the best robotic handshake.
• Negotiations about whaling crumbled this week, but there are some questions that go beyond the politics. Are endangered whales still in danger?
• Want to support clean energy? First we have to stop bathing in oil. Ken Edelstein details our lack of progress on that front.
• Divine recycling: A Georgia congregation is moving a New York church to Atlanta — stone by stone.
• Our expert handles a shopper's dilemma: Buy a used treasure or a cheaper brand-new version?
• Whole Foods has specific standards for the food it sells. Now the popular market plans to apply those standards to organic beauty products as well.
• Ecollywood: Catch up with "Twilight", "Entourage", Adam Sandler and more in this week's celebrity column.
• Our auto blogger gets the inside scoop on Volkswagen's super-green car plant in Chattanooga.
• Trying to live a frugal, green life? Listen to your elders and consider seven green things our grandparents did
PLUS: Find out why two unlikely allies, a goat and a wolf (pictured above), are furry friends for life. There are more surprises in the week in photos.