MNN week in review
Catch up on the headlines for the week of March 8-14.
Fri, Mar 13 2009 at 2:30 PM
Our best bets for the week:
• Ridin' the rails: Americans ditch their cars for transit and trains.
• "You are Here" ... and it ain't pretty: MNN talks to author Thomas Kostigen about traversing the globe to see the world's eco-disasters.
• Video break: Chuck Leavell talks with the New York artists behind ecoartspace about addressing environmental issues with art.
• What's the opposite of an earmark? Peter Dykstra discusses the stuff politicians don't want in their districts. Think Yucca Mountain.
• Investing green: Understanding Standard & Poor's new low carbon index.
• The Captain calls: Catch the latest Captain Planet episode.
• Meet the Fabio of sales — and the $29 million green mansion he's selling in Florida.
• GM, and we don't mean cars: Genetically modified crops are on the rise, and the consequences are worth thinking about.
• Stamp of approval: The iconic Good Housekeeping seal goes green
• Real-life hero: Dennis Quaid is ready for the Apocalypse — and more from Ecollywood
Image credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/phillykevflicks/">kchbrown</a>/Flickr
You might also like: