MNN's week in review
Need to catch up? Here's our compilation of the week's best stories for Feb. 22-28.
Fri, Feb 27 2009 at 11:36 AM
MNN's picks for the week of Feb. 22-28:
• Funky fish: Indonesia's psychedelic fish is named a new species.
• A Hero for Earth: The first Captain Planet episode airs. Catch it!
• Taste test: Food blogger Robin Shreeves seeks a healthier chocolate sandwich cookie.
• Green Party video: Enjoy a picnic and games with Danielle V. — with no waste!
• Translating Uncle Sam: Understanding the growing threat of salmonella outbreaks.
• Gone to the dogs: Now that the First Dog has been chosen, MNN's Matt Hickman offers eco-friendly bedding options.
• Can a NASCAR race save the planet? Probably not, but it's a good lesson in environmental math.
• Exclusive excerpt: "Smogtown: The Lung-Burning History of Pollution in Los Angeles"
• An All-Hispanic Ecollywood: Rosario Dawson is greener than you are.
• Which is greener? Bloggers debate the environmental impact of renting vs. owning.
• Divving up: A helpful summary of how President Obama's budget divvies up the funds for the environment and other issues.