MNN's picks for the week of March 1-7:
• Mushroom tech: Two college students use the power of mushrooms to create rigid, nontoxic insulation.
• Food Fray: Inside the Controversy over Genetically Modified Food (A book review).
• Video break: Love of the Land with author Wendy Bounds.
• ECO:nomics summit: Policymakers and CEOs gather to solve problems in tough times.
• Political Habitat: Hanging out the 'Now Hiring' sign in Washington.
• Redefining fast food: Chiptotle is one haute tamale.
• Superguide: Big help with recycling your e-waste.
• Introducing Chef A! Adrienne Montgomery brings a new attitude to the kitchen.