• If money were no object, what kind of house would you build ... for your dog? These drool-worthy doghouses are a fun place to start your architectural daydreaming.
• In Taipei, Taiwan, visitors get the best of nature and the big city with hot springs, night markets and a progressive environmental attitude.
• A limited diet doesn't have to be boring. Our food blogger offers [skipwords]recipes[/skipwords] and general rules to a friend who had to make a big lifestyle change. Her tasty tips can help regular eaters as well.
• What if we looked at aging retail spaces and shopping malls through a new lens? Starre Vartan explores them as new community spaces for sports — even urban gardening.
• Forget tiger mothers. A new book says American parents should emulate the French style of bringing up baby.
• Superbugs in Antarctica? It's true. A multidrug-resistant strain of E. coli, potentially even more dangerous than the superbug MRSA, has been discovered living in Antarctic seawater.
• And let's wrap up the week with a curious question: Can the cinnamon challenge kill you? (And if you don't know what it is, all the more reason to read this story.)
Plus: Don't miss the catch-your-breath cliff diving image in the week in photos.