Thinking about next year's family vacation? Get out your calendar and circle these dates. The National Park Service recently released its "fee-free" days for 2014, and you might want to book your travel to include them.
Overall, there will be nine fee-free days next year, commemorating major holidays, National Park Week, and the NPS' 98th birthday. Here's the schedule:
- Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb. 15-17: Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20: National Park Week’s opening weekend
- Aug. 25: National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- Sept. 27: National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day
Related posts on MNN:
- A tour of America's national parks: Nature at its finest
- The best waterfalls in our national parks
- America's most patriotic national parks
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.