Here are some good stories to help you play out the week.
• New evidence supports the theory that an Indonesian mud volcano was caused by local gas exploration drilling. The mud slick now covers an area 3 square miles to a depth of 65 feet.
• Charles Barker, a Republican candidate for the governors seat in Massachusetts said he's not smart enough to know whether climate change is happening or not. So he's either stupid or disingenuous, sounds like a heck of a candidate.
• The Porsche 911 Hybrid will have a flywheel speed booster. Totally freakin' awesome.
• Writer Alexis Madrigal revisits Amory Lovins 1977 classic book Soft Energy Paths.
• We should treat light as too precious to waste away into space.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.