Here are some good stories to help you play out the week.
• New evidence supports the theory that an Indonesian mud volcano was caused by local gas exploration drilling. The mud slick now covers an area 3 square miles to a depth of 65 feet.
• Charles Barker, a Republican candidate for the governors seat in Massachusetts said he's not smart enough to know whether climate change is happening or not. So he's either stupid or disingenuous, sounds like a heck of a candidate.
• The Porsche 911 Hybrid will have a flywheel speed booster. Totally freakin' awesome.
• Writer Alexis Madrigal revisits Amory Lovins 1977 classic book Soft Energy Paths.
• We should treat light as too precious to waste away into space.
Are you on Twitter? Follow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.