Easy and inexpensive homemade baby wipes
- Paper towels (or reusable cloths if you decide to go this route)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon olive or almond oil (optional)
- Shoe-boxed sized plastic container (an old wipe container will work well if you already have one)
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half.
- Mix all of the liquid ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place one of the half-rolls of paper towels in the liquid mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Flip the paper towels over and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Pull out the inner cardboard paper towel tube.
- Place homemade wipes in container.
The wipes can be pulled out from the inside core and used just like store-bought baby wipes.
If you decide to use reusable cloths, simply mix the liquid ingredients and spray onto cloth before each use. Toss cloth in the laundry hamper immediately after use.
It doesn't get much easier than that!
Related on MNN:
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.