How attached are you to your smartphone and other gadgets? If the thought of leaving your gadgets behind or turned off for the holidays makes you twitch, don't worry, you are not alone. But if you find that you can't make it through a family dinner without scrolling through Facebook or Instagramming your meal, you may need to step away from the gadgets for a few days. Think it may be time for a digital diet? Here are 10 signs that you need to unplug:
10. You didn't hear what your daughter just said so you asked her to "retweet" it.
9. When you hear an iPhone ping, you have to check your phone. Even if the sound is coming from the other side of the room (or store or restaurant) and you know it's not yours. And even if you don't have an iPhone.
8. Or, you hear and feel phantom phone tones and vibrations (and of course, you have to check your phone each time.)
7. You can't go to the bathroom without your smartphone.
6. The thought of forgetting your phone at home gives you an anxiety attack.
5. You use terms such as 'LOL,' and '#hashtag,' as part of your everyday vocabulary
4. You spend more time Instagramming, Tweeting, and Facebooking in the evenings than you do actually enjoying the people that you are with.
3. Your distance vision is becoming blurry from lack of use.
2. Your thumbs are becoming numb from overuse.
And the number one sign that you need to unplug for a few days:
1. You don't know how to look up a phone number, contact a friend, or find directions to a location without using your smartphone.
Related posts on MNN: