Happy Veterans Day! Want to show your thanks to all of our military service folks today? Here are five great ways to do it.
1. Still have Halloween candy lingering around? Send it to Operation Gratitude, and the organization will send it to veterans and active duty troops.
2. Tweet #ThankAVet today and The History Channel will donate $1 to America's Vet Dogs, a nonprofit that serves the needs of disabled veterans and active duty personnel by providing guide dogs and training. The It's Never Too Late to Say Thank You campaign asks you to send your tweet from a widget on the History Channel’s website.
3. Sign up with Operation Kid Comfort to make a quilt for the child of a service member overseas. The organization will send you fabric squares printed with the family photos of a deployed service member that can be sewn into a beautiful quilt for their family.
4. Send miles. Most frequent flier programs have an option for mile donation. Send yours to the Hero Miles program. and you will be supporting military personnel and their families traveling to VA hospitals.
5. Listen to this song, a tribute to our troops, that was written and sung by 12-year-old Lexxi Saal. Listen and share with your favorite veteran to say thank you.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.