Looking for a fun new game to play outside with your kids? How about Dance Tag or North Pole South Pole? Is Zombie Hunt more your style? Never head of these games? You will soon. These are new backyard games designed by kids as part of the Backyard Game of the Year contest sponsored by CLIF Kid.
In fact, these games are three of the six finalists chosen to be presented at the CLIF Kid Backyard Contest event in San Francisco on July 14th. For the contest, six kids that were chosen as finalists will teach other kids how to play their original backyard game ideas for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship.
An expert panel of judges, which includes best-selling author Richard Louv and Olympic Gold Medalist Jonny Moseley, will select the grand prize winner at the event.
The six finalists and games are:
- Dance Tag by Lana, age 7, Peculiar, Mo.
- Footloose Derby by Madison, age 7, Port Orange, Fla.
- North Pole South Pole by Abigail, age 7, Albany, Ore.
- Sidewalk Chalk Adventure by Healy, age 6, Wolfeboro, N.H.
- Tortoise & the Hare Ball by Dhani, age 8, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Zombie Hunt by Jack, age 8, Greenfield, Wis.
Best of luck to all of the kids competing in this contest. You're all winners in my book!
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.