There's nothing like snuggling up with your baby to read a book. It's a great way to relax, boost your baby's brain power, and introduce her to language and concepts from the world around her. So this is a great time to read her books that teach her about the environment and her connection to the natural world. Eco-savvy books can help spark your baby's interest in her planet, and why we need to protect it. So go on...grab a book, grab your baby, and snuggle in for one of these great green reads.
- The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss, Random House Books for Young Readers, August 1971
- The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest, by Lynne Cherry, Sandpiper, March 2000
- Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme, by Marianne Berkes, Dawn Publications, March 2007
- If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests, by Bonnie Worth, Random House Books for Young Readers, April 2003
- Eco Babies Wear Green, by Michelle Sinclair Colman Ten Speed Press, March 2009
- Babies in the Bayou by Jim Arnosky, Penguin Group, January 2007
- Little Monkey, by Kimberly Ainsworth, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, September 2008
Photo by AnthonyGR
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.