Headed to the beach this summer? Here are seven sensational summer crafts to help you capture your memories from the seashore:
1. Seashell frame: This is a classic summer seashell craft, and it's so easy that even the smalles of kids will be able to do it. All you need are a collection of seashells from your favorite beach, an old picture frame, and a little bit of glue to bring the beach back home with you.
2. Sand masks: Older kids will love these sand masks made from things they find on the beach. This craft is perfect for chilling out in the evening after a full day in the sun, or even better for rainy days that keep you indoors.
3. Beach pail: This is a cute idea for turning an old pail or bucket into a catch-all summer tote for kids. For once, they'll be begging to carry their stuff back and forth to the beach!
4. Seashell wind chimes: Here's another great way to turn your beach booty into a fun holiday keepsake. These wind chimes are a breeze to make, and they'll remind you of your trip with every clink and jingle.
5. Sandy feet: Make a mold of your kids' feet using sand, plaster-or-paris, and a load of creativity. No need to get your kids to wipe the sand off of these feet!
6. Beach-in-a-jar: If you have lots of seashells and other beach treasures from your trip, you might want to put them together in this beach-in-a-jar project. It's a great way to capture the memories of your vacation. Use it as a centerpiece to spark conversation all year long.
7. Seashell sailboat: This simple craft only takes a minute to whip together and it will keep kids of all ages entertained for hours. Launch one in the bathtub or a whole fleet at the beach.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.