What are your kids' favorite backyard games? Do they stick with traditional games like tag or croquet or have they come up with their own games to play? If they have a creative game and they're willing to share the fun, they could win a $10,000 scholarship, a bike from Specialized Bicycles, or even a trip to San Diego to show how their game is played.
The Backyard Game Competition from CLIF Kid is back for its third year, encouraging kids ages 6-12 to explore outdoor play by inventing their own games. Kids can submit entries individually or as a group for a chance to win some pretty cool prizes.
Need some inspiration? Check out last year's list of finalists and winners here.
Here's more info about how your kids can get involved:
Who: Kids aged 6-12. Group entrants can be school classrooms, sports teams, clubs, organizations, nonprofits and others. Finalists win a trip to San Diego to present their games to the public at the Backyard Game Playoffs.
• March 20 – June 17, 2013 – Game entries accepted
• June 25 – July 2, 2013 – Group finalist voting on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CLIFKid)
• July 3, 2013 – Group winner announced on Facebook
• July 9, 2013 – Individual finalists announced
• End of July 2013 – Individual finalists and group winner present their games to the public at the CLIF Kid Backyard Game of the Year Playoffs in San Diego
How: Kids can submit game entries can be made here: www.clifkidbackyardgame.com
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.