Celebrating green holidays
- Decorate with eco-savvy bling such as low-energy lights or a reusable menorah or kinara.
- Skip the paper cards and send e-cards to friends and family.
- Use old maps or the Sunday comics to wrap gifts or use gift bags and decorative boxes that can be reused from year to year.
- Compost your Christmas tree or Kwanza mazao and vibunzi.
- Save bows, ribbons, holiday cards, and other decorations to reuse next year.
Photo by Scrappy Shack
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.