Nicole Richie as Captain Planet?
2. Avoid buying bottled water and get a reusable bottle instead.
3. Use biodegradable alternatives to plastic (cups, utensils, plates, bags).
4. Compost all of your table scraps and leftover food — it all goes back into the Earth.
5. Ride your bike if you’re traveling within two miles of your house (1 pound of CO2 pollution is cut for every mile pedaled).
6. Eat less meat and eat more local and organic foods.
7. My personal favorite: Turn things you might throw away into art projects for your kids — for instance, you can turn a baby food jar into a snow globe.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.