Actually, I don't know how simple her life is. But I do know that she is trying to keep it green.
In addition to the green nursery she put together for baby #2, Richie established the Richie-Madden Children’s Foundation which helps disadvantaged Los Angeles families. She also speaks about nutritional and environmental awareness to kids.
Take, for example, her recent blog post in which she photoshopped herself onto a Captain Planet poster and explained how important it is for her to lead an eco-friendly lifestyle. Here are her seven tips for living green:
1. Carry your own reusable containers to restaurants to bring home your leftovers.
2. Avoid buying bottled water and get a reusable bottle instead.
3. Use biodegradable alternatives to plastic (cups, utensils, plates, bags).
4. Compost all of your table scraps and leftover food — it all goes back into the Earth.
5. Ride your bike if you’re traveling within two miles of your house (1 pound of CO2 pollution is cut for every mile pedaled).
6. Eat less meat and eat more local and organic foods.
7. My personal favorite: Turn things you might throw away into art projects for your kids — for instance, you can turn a baby food jar into a snow globe.
The post was signed, Captain Planet, AKA Nicole Camille Richie.
"Captain Planet" is an animated series created by Ted Turner in the 1990s. MNN.com is the primary source for "Captain Planet" episodes on the Web.
Captain Planet is a superhero whose powers are implemented by a team of five Planeteers (as well as himself), each of whom helps combat environmental catastrophes like pollution, animal poaching, water scarcity and more. Each episode of "Captain Planet" involves the captain and his planeteers tackling different dilemmas and nefarious eco-villains.
Numerous celebrities contributed voice work to the show, including Meg Ryan, Jeff Goldblum, Whoopi Goldberg and many others. You can watch all the Captain Planet episodes on MNN and you can learn more about the series by going behind the scenes with the creators and major players.
Also on MNN: Are you a Captain Planet fan? Check out full episodes and get the behind-the-scenes scoop