Salt dough Christmas ornaments
1/2 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
Miniature cookie cutters
Acrylic paints: green, yellow and various colors of your choice for tree ornaments
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix together the salt, flour, and gradually add water until dough is formed.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until the mixture is smooth (about 10 minutes).
- For flat ornaments, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thick with a rolling pin that has been dusted with flour. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into any shape you want.
- Use a toothpick to make a hole toward the top of the shape.
- Place ornaments onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Decorate with paints and glitter. Thread a ribbon through the hole at the top so that you can hang your ornament from your tree.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.